Original is here In 1879, when there was British Rule in India, Lt. Col. Martin of Agar Malva was leading the army in the war against Afgha...
MOOLA MANTRA FOR PRATYANGIRI DEVI Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma Purushothama Paramatma Sri Bhagavathi Sametha Sri Bhagavathe Namaha This...
BENEFITS This is the stotra that provides us Lord Shiva's halo of protection. Whatever be your problems, whether of the horoscop...
Om Namah Shivay That is all you need to say....say it everyday. Every second of your day. Close your eyes and imagine that Lord Shiva is...
These are the famous Ashtavinayak temples - divine spots of pilgrimage of Lord Ganesh. Click on to enlarge and download
Here is a miracle directly stemming from bhakti for Lord Shiva Easy to please, delivers all our wishes, just deep bhakti is all we need ...
This is hilarious, but raises some very thought provoking questions - this video is a must SEE. The AOL guys have blinders on - drinking ...
Click on image to enlarge. From bottom left - Somanath, Mallikarjuna, Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Baidhyanath, Bhimashankar, Ramanath, N...
From bottom left - SOMNATH, MALLIKARJUNA, MAHAKALESHWAR, OMKARESHWAR, BAIDHNATHESWAR, BHIMASHANKAR, RAMANATH, NAGANATH, VISHWANATH, TRYAMBAK...
II The Devi Mantra II देवी मंत्र ...
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Om Mani Padme Om
Reading from left to right the syllables are:
Buddha's Magic Mantra : Om Mani Padme Hum. The mantra originated in India; as it moved from India into Tibet, the pronunciation changed because some of the sounds in the Indian Sanskrit language were hard for Tibetans to pronounce.
Play it here
Read about it here
Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Spinning the written form of the mantra around in a Mani wheel (or prayer wheel) is also believed to give the same benefit as saying the mantra, and Mani wheels, small hand wheels and large wheels with millions of copies of the mantra inside, are found everywhere in the lands influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. Click on The Prayer Wheel
The mantra Om Mani Pädme Hum is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of the entire teaching.
The Meaning of Om Mani Padme Hum.
1 Om - blessed to help you achieve perfection in the practice of generosity,
2 Ma - helps perfect the practice of pure ethics, and
3 Ni - helps achieve perfection in the practice of tolerance and patience.
4 Päd - helps to achieve perfection of perseverance,
5 Me - helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration,
6 Hum - helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom.
Welcome to the spirituality blog
This blog is an offshoot of a website that I had conceived as a result of the spiritual grace and resultant inspiration during Shivaratri Y2K (http://www.jyotirlinga.com) on the joy of Shiva Bhakti and my quest for spiritual progress. Not finding the time (yep, bad excuse!), this blog suits me fine in quickly adding content... my spiritual forays and thoughts - helps log them too. My spiritual journey started with Hinduism and it's simple stories/ teachings as far back as when I was a 2nd grader, with Lord Shiva and has now found convergence with Advaitism / Duality. The Advaitism gurus like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj; they have provided that spiritual boost of energy in many lagging moments and have tremendously influenced me ... little baby steps at a time... that will hopefully all lead upto a final crescendo. The merits of satsangh are many!
Your comments (encouragement/ otherwise) are certainly welcome.Thanks for visiting. If you like it, Subscribe to my blog (click here):Posts (Atom).
- ► 2011 (49)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (73)
- ► 2007 (208)
- Saddam Hussein finally gone
- Scientific explanation of Shiva Lingam (explained ...
- The Mind - Atman and my moments with it
- Om Mani Padme Om
- Quick Link into Google Blog Search
- History of Christmas
- Mystery "Buddha boy" reappears - Ram Bahadur Bamjo...
- Rules for being a Human
- Quotes - what is real?
- Jyotirlinga - Tryambakeshwar video
- chat on "Hinduism - A way of life"
- online virtual satsangh
- Teachings of the Maharishi
- Guru Lineage
- Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrimage
- TIBETAN BOOK OF THE GREAT LIBERATION
- My Arunachala darshan - invoking the grace via the...
- We are the Time's person of 2006 (Phew, finally)
- Blogger's moment
- Trying to explain `a brush with the divine' (From ...
- Paul Brunton - Search in Secret India
- Karmic play and progress
- Book recommendation - Ramana Maharshi and the path...
- Rich Dad Poor Dad -
- Rudraksha and Bilva Tree
- The Spiritual path - Awakening 101
- Covetous glance
- Strengths versus Weaknesses
- Robert Frost poem - The Road Not Taken
- Pilgrimage to Amarnath
- Adyashanti - Spiritual guru of today
- Sri Yantra - A complex Geometry
- Lord Shiva Stories
- Bushism to Bushiva? NO WAY!
- Adi Sankaracharya's Pratah Smarana Stotram
- hare rama - hare krishna movement
- Amma's message of love - Go get a hug and enjoy th...
- Thin dividing line between faith, jingoism, fanati...
- Shiva Murthi on Flickr
- 12 days of desi xmas
- Karma and Sex
- Reversal of fortunes
- Balance of power is shifting
- Meditation technique that is rewarding...
- Jyotiba or Dattatreya
- Software Versus Religion
- Having a bad day? Stay in the realms of your cave....
- Man - the perpetual machine
- ▼ December (48)