Original is here In 1879, when there was British Rule in India, Lt. Col. Martin of Agar Malva was leading the army in the war against Afgha...
MOOLA MANTRA FOR PRATYANGIRI DEVI Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma Purushothama Paramatma Sri Bhagavathi Sametha Sri Bhagavathe Namaha This...
BENEFITS This is the stotra that provides us Lord Shiva's halo of protection. Whatever be your problems, whether of the horoscop...
Om Namah Shivay That is all you need to say....say it everyday. Every second of your day. Close your eyes and imagine that Lord Shiva is...
These are the famous Ashtavinayak temples - divine spots of pilgrimage of Lord Ganesh. Click on to enlarge and download
Here is a miracle directly stemming from bhakti for Lord Shiva Easy to please, delivers all our wishes, just deep bhakti is all we need ...
This is hilarious, but raises some very thought provoking questions - this video is a must SEE. The AOL guys have blinders on - drinking ...
Click on image to enlarge. From bottom left - Somanath, Mallikarjuna, Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Baidhyanath, Bhimashankar, Ramanath, N...
From bottom left - SOMNATH, MALLIKARJUNA, MAHAKALESHWAR, OMKARESHWAR, BAIDHNATHESWAR, BHIMASHANKAR, RAMANATH, NAGANATH, VISHWANATH, TRYAMBAK...
II The Devi Mantra II देवी मंत्र ...
Monday, December 25, 2006
Rules for being a Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here".
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Welcome to the spirituality blog
This blog is an offshoot of a website that I had conceived as a result of the spiritual grace and resultant inspiration during Shivaratri Y2K (http://www.jyotirlinga.com) on the joy of Shiva Bhakti and my quest for spiritual progress. Not finding the time (yep, bad excuse!), this blog suits me fine in quickly adding content... my spiritual forays and thoughts - helps log them too. My spiritual journey started with Hinduism and it's simple stories/ teachings as far back as when I was a 2nd grader, with Lord Shiva and has now found convergence with Advaitism / Duality. The Advaitism gurus like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj; they have provided that spiritual boost of energy in many lagging moments and have tremendously influenced me ... little baby steps at a time... that will hopefully all lead upto a final crescendo. The merits of satsangh are many!
Your comments (encouragement/ otherwise) are certainly welcome.Thanks for visiting. If you like it, Subscribe to my blog (click here):Posts (Atom).
- ► 2011 (49)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (73)
- ► 2007 (208)
- Saddam Hussein finally gone
- Scientific explanation of Shiva Lingam (explained ...
- The Mind - Atman and my moments with it
- Om Mani Padme Om
- Quick Link into Google Blog Search
- History of Christmas
- Mystery "Buddha boy" reappears - Ram Bahadur Bamjo...
- Rules for being a Human
- Quotes - what is real?
- Jyotirlinga - Tryambakeshwar video
- chat on "Hinduism - A way of life"
- online virtual satsangh
- Teachings of the Maharishi
- Guru Lineage
- Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrimage
- TIBETAN BOOK OF THE GREAT LIBERATION
- My Arunachala darshan - invoking the grace via the...
- We are the Time's person of 2006 (Phew, finally)
- Blogger's moment
- Trying to explain `a brush with the divine' (From ...
- Paul Brunton - Search in Secret India
- Karmic play and progress
- Book recommendation - Ramana Maharshi and the path...
- Rich Dad Poor Dad -
- Rudraksha and Bilva Tree
- The Spiritual path - Awakening 101
- Covetous glance
- Strengths versus Weaknesses
- Robert Frost poem - The Road Not Taken
- Pilgrimage to Amarnath
- Adyashanti - Spiritual guru of today
- Sri Yantra - A complex Geometry
- Lord Shiva Stories
- Bushism to Bushiva? NO WAY!
- Adi Sankaracharya's Pratah Smarana Stotram
- hare rama - hare krishna movement
- Amma's message of love - Go get a hug and enjoy th...
- Thin dividing line between faith, jingoism, fanati...
- Shiva Murthi on Flickr
- 12 days of desi xmas
- Karma and Sex
- Reversal of fortunes
- Balance of power is shifting
- Meditation technique that is rewarding...
- Jyotiba or Dattatreya
- Software Versus Religion
- Having a bad day? Stay in the realms of your cave....
- Man - the perpetual machine
- ▼ December (48)