Original is here In 1879, when there was British Rule in India, Lt. Col. Martin of Agar Malva was leading the army in the war against Afgha...
MOOLA MANTRA FOR PRATYANGIRI DEVI Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma Purushothama Paramatma Sri Bhagavathi Sametha Sri Bhagavathe Namaha This...
BENEFITS This is the stotra that provides us Lord Shiva's halo of protection. Whatever be your problems, whether of the horoscop...
Om Namah Shivay That is all you need to say....say it everyday. Every second of your day. Close your eyes and imagine that Lord Shiva is...
These are the famous Ashtavinayak temples - divine spots of pilgrimage of Lord Ganesh. Click on to enlarge and download
Here is a miracle directly stemming from bhakti for Lord Shiva Easy to please, delivers all our wishes, just deep bhakti is all we need ...
This is hilarious, but raises some very thought provoking questions - this video is a must SEE. The AOL guys have blinders on - drinking ...
Click on image to enlarge. From bottom left - Somanath, Mallikarjuna, Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Baidhyanath, Bhimashankar, Ramanath, N...
From bottom left - SOMNATH, MALLIKARJUNA, MAHAKALESHWAR, OMKARESHWAR, BAIDHNATHESWAR, BHIMASHANKAR, RAMANATH, NAGANATH, VISHWANATH, TRYAMBAK...
II The Devi Mantra II देवी मंत्र ...
Friday, December 01, 2006
Having a bad day? Stay in the realms of your cave.
Eckhart talks about monitoring our own experiences, being in touch with our feelings, touch home-base several times a day (Hey Atman, how are you feeling?). Unfortunately, I am still not there yet, and if I start to worry about something, it plays on my mind no end. Writing it down on a piece of paper helps. The drama continues to play out in my head and I am captured totally gripped with the emotion of it, losing all semblance of rationality, whether it is jealousy, anger, envy - and yes typically these are negative emotions. The positive joyous ones remind me that something bad may be in store and I cannot really live in the moment.
What Eckhart recommends is to notice it and then return to or atman. Ramana Maharishi has said the same thing and so has Nisargadatta Maharaj. Ramesh Balsekhar pretty much says the same thing in a different way - what is to happen is already drawn up - your worrying does not change it. So, why worry?
Having a bad day still is a pure state of mind. If we can dwell in the atman, within my awareness, two things can happen
a) I might not be adversely influenced by the emotional impact of the happenings - coerced into doing something more drastic
b) I may also get the strength to work around the situation knowing that I am not really in control.
Welcome to the spirituality blog
This blog is an offshoot of a website that I had conceived as a result of the spiritual grace and resultant inspiration during Shivaratri Y2K (http://www.jyotirlinga.com) on the joy of Shiva Bhakti and my quest for spiritual progress. Not finding the time (yep, bad excuse!), this blog suits me fine in quickly adding content... my spiritual forays and thoughts - helps log them too. My spiritual journey started with Hinduism and it's simple stories/ teachings as far back as when I was a 2nd grader, with Lord Shiva and has now found convergence with Advaitism / Duality. The Advaitism gurus like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj; they have provided that spiritual boost of energy in many lagging moments and have tremendously influenced me ... little baby steps at a time... that will hopefully all lead upto a final crescendo. The merits of satsangh are many!
Your comments (encouragement/ otherwise) are certainly welcome.Thanks for visiting. If you like it, Subscribe to my blog (click here):Posts (Atom).
- ► 2011 (49)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (73)
- ► 2007 (208)
- Saddam Hussein finally gone
- Scientific explanation of Shiva Lingam (explained ...
- The Mind - Atman and my moments with it
- Om Mani Padme Om
- Quick Link into Google Blog Search
- History of Christmas
- Mystery "Buddha boy" reappears - Ram Bahadur Bamjo...
- Rules for being a Human
- Quotes - what is real?
- Jyotirlinga - Tryambakeshwar video
- chat on "Hinduism - A way of life"
- online virtual satsangh
- Teachings of the Maharishi
- Guru Lineage
- Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrimage
- TIBETAN BOOK OF THE GREAT LIBERATION
- My Arunachala darshan - invoking the grace via the...
- We are the Time's person of 2006 (Phew, finally)
- Blogger's moment
- Trying to explain `a brush with the divine' (From ...
- Paul Brunton - Search in Secret India
- Karmic play and progress
- Book recommendation - Ramana Maharshi and the path...
- Rich Dad Poor Dad -
- Rudraksha and Bilva Tree
- The Spiritual path - Awakening 101
- Covetous glance
- Strengths versus Weaknesses
- Robert Frost poem - The Road Not Taken
- Pilgrimage to Amarnath
- Adyashanti - Spiritual guru of today
- Sri Yantra - A complex Geometry
- Lord Shiva Stories
- Bushism to Bushiva? NO WAY!
- Adi Sankaracharya's Pratah Smarana Stotram
- hare rama - hare krishna movement
- Amma's message of love - Go get a hug and enjoy th...
- Thin dividing line between faith, jingoism, fanati...
- Shiva Murthi on Flickr
- 12 days of desi xmas
- Karma and Sex
- Reversal of fortunes
- Balance of power is shifting
- Meditation technique that is rewarding...
- Jyotiba or Dattatreya
- Software Versus Religion
- Having a bad day? Stay in the realms of your cave....
- Man - the perpetual machine
- ▼ December (48)