Original is here In 1879, when there was British Rule in India, Lt. Col. Martin of Agar Malva was leading the army in the war against Afgha...
MOOLA MANTRA FOR PRATYANGIRI DEVI Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma Purushothama Paramatma Sri Bhagavathi Sametha Sri Bhagavathe Namaha This...
BENEFITS This is the stotra that provides us Lord Shiva's halo of protection. Whatever be your problems, whether of the horoscop...
Om Namah Shivay That is all you need to say....say it everyday. Every second of your day. Close your eyes and imagine that Lord Shiva is...
These are the famous Ashtavinayak temples - divine spots of pilgrimage of Lord Ganesh. Click on to enlarge and download
Here is a miracle directly stemming from bhakti for Lord Shiva Easy to please, delivers all our wishes, just deep bhakti is all we need ...
This is hilarious, but raises some very thought provoking questions - this video is a must SEE. The AOL guys have blinders on - drinking ...
Click on image to enlarge. From bottom left - Somanath, Mallikarjuna, Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Baidhyanath, Bhimashankar, Ramanath, N...
From bottom left - SOMNATH, MALLIKARJUNA, MAHAKALESHWAR, OMKARESHWAR, BAIDHNATHESWAR, BHIMASHANKAR, RAMANATH, NAGANATH, VISHWANATH, TRYAMBAK...
II The Devi Mantra II देवी मंत्र ...
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
I particularly liked his perspective on questioning our ego mind (a bit aggressively) and trying to find it. He says it is chicken.
The main obstacle is self-importance:
"When we look into the mirror, the one thing we don't want to see is an ordinary human being. We would like to see someone special. Whether we are conscious of this or not, we are simply not content to see an ordinary human being with neuroses, obstacles, and problems. . . We are imprisoned in this pain by a sense of specialness, or self-importance. Self-importance is the underlying clinging we have to 'I, I, I, me, me, mine, mine,' which colors all of our experience. If we look closely, we find a strong element of self-importance in everything we think, say, and do. 'How can I feel good? What will others think? What will I gain? What will I lose?' These questions are all rooted in our self-importance. Even our feeling of not measuring up to who we think we should be is a form of self-importance."
In one of the many enlightening passages, the author reveals the meaning of wealth:
"Richness and meaning don't lie outside of us. And life is not just about 'what can I get?' or 'what don't I have?' When we open up to the richness of experience, we are less fearful and more able to enjoy life to the fullest. We appreciate the beauty of our world and everything we encounter. With this unrestricted mind of richness, even a beggar on the street can feel like a universal monarch. To the extent that we recognize our inner richness, we will have a tremendous sense of security that we can trust in any situation. Knowing that we can depend on ourself brings contentment and joy. Whatever arises in our life — good or bad, comfortable or uncomfortable — is enjoyable. I hope that every one of us can at least glimpse this experience. Then we won't get so stuck in the hardships of our pick-and-choose world."
A review is here
Welcome to the spirituality blog
This blog is an offshoot of a website that I had conceived as a result of the spiritual grace and resultant inspiration during Shivaratri Y2K (http://www.jyotirlinga.com) on the joy of Shiva Bhakti and my quest for spiritual progress. Not finding the time (yep, bad excuse!), this blog suits me fine in quickly adding content... my spiritual forays and thoughts - helps log them too. My spiritual journey started with Hinduism and it's simple stories/ teachings as far back as when I was a 2nd grader, with Lord Shiva and has now found convergence with Advaitism / Duality. The Advaitism gurus like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj; they have provided that spiritual boost of energy in many lagging moments and have tremendously influenced me ... little baby steps at a time... that will hopefully all lead upto a final crescendo. The merits of satsangh are many!
Your comments (encouragement/ otherwise) are certainly welcome.Thanks for visiting. If you like it, Subscribe to my blog (click here):Posts (Atom).
- ► 2011 (49)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (73)
- Kailash: The Mystic Land of Shiva
- Book recommendation
- Seven - The Spiritual Number 07-07-07
- miracles of life - by Anna
- 13th Jyotirlinga
- Why is cow sacred? Dimpel Patel
- Many religions - the paths same
- Hinduism 101
- Spirituality or bust?
- Power of Devotion
- Terrorism can be won by winning hearts
- Search for God - Start now
- Spiritualism has no bounds
- Detachment and then attachment
- Beatles discover spirituality
- Ramayana - Video
- Pashupatinath Video
- Kerala's Shiva-Parvati Temple draws millions of un...
- Sattvic Food - Food for fasting
- The burning lamp (of atman)
- A parallel universe - which world do you live in?
- Advaitism in terms of Quantum Physics
- JUST FOR TODAY - From Abby
- Ardh Kumbh Mela - Auspicious time
- Svyambunath Shiva
- Holy Rivers of the world
- All religions - the absolute same destination
- Deepak Chopra's CROSSING OVER
- Meditation silence
- Temples - Katas and the Paskar (Ajmer) are the eye...
- 108 Upanishads
- Hinduism fascination for the West
- Dakshinamurthi miracle
- Ramdev Guruji - pranayama 101 for the masses
- Significance of Shivaratri
- 108 names of Shani
- 2007 Hindu Festivals List (MahaShivaRatri on Feb 1...
- More Monday musing
- Monday musing - Driving Traffic
- Miracle of silence - Janet Attwood
- Ramana Maharishi Video (Vintage edition)
- Vishnu Idol Found in the Most Ancient City of Russ...
- Paradox of our time - author anonymous
- What is enlightenment? A demolition project
- Ardh Kumbh Mela
- Quiet meditation - a meditation for the body and s...
- How the dots connect - Part 2 (Steve Jobs commence...
- How the dots connect - Part 1
- A very Happy New Year
- ▼ January (49)