I wanna share with you my experience with Tirupati Balaji trip...
My friend Uma got married in Tirupati so we had gone for the wedding. The wedding took place at 3.30 am in the morning and got over by 7.20 am. I was sick with fever and was unable to even walk. After the wedding we were supposed to board the bus and go to the temple. I refused saying that i will stay back in hotel room. Umas sister Kala came to me and said Anahita when you have got a call from Balaji to come right upto Tirupati dont miss that opportunity of seing him. I being a religious minded gal, immediately said yes. I was in terrible pain in legs and whole body due to fever. we had to stand in the line for 3 and half hours. By that time i was miserable, was just moving with the flow of people.
But then miracle happend, as soon as it was my turn to watch and bow to the idol of Balaji i was crying on seing the beauty of the idol. It came out from my mouth " OH SO DIVINE" the pujari was smiling he pulled me forward and showed me the idol from near. That was the biggest high of my life. Everybody in the marriage party told me later on see Balaji did not only wished that you come for his darshan but also allowed you to have a closer look thanks to the pujari....
I cannot forget that incident till i die..
Bolo Balaji bhagwan ki jai..
Original is here In 1879, when there was British Rule in India, Lt. Col. Martin of Agar Malva was leading the army in the war against Afgha...
MOOLA MANTRA FOR PRATYANGIRI DEVI Om Sat Chit Ananda Parabrahma Purushothama Paramatma Sri Bhagavathi Sametha Sri Bhagavathe Namaha This...
BENEFITS This is the stotra that provides us Lord Shiva's halo of protection. Whatever be your problems, whether of the horoscop...
Om Namah Shivay That is all you need to say....say it everyday. Every second of your day. Close your eyes and imagine that Lord Shiva is...
These are the famous Ashtavinayak temples - divine spots of pilgrimage of Lord Ganesh. Click on to enlarge and download
Here is a miracle directly stemming from bhakti for Lord Shiva Easy to please, delivers all our wishes, just deep bhakti is all we need ...
This is hilarious, but raises some very thought provoking questions - this video is a must SEE. The AOL guys have blinders on - drinking ...
Click on image to enlarge. From bottom left - Somanath, Mallikarjuna, Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Baidhyanath, Bhimashankar, Ramanath, N...
From bottom left - SOMNATH, MALLIKARJUNA, MAHAKALESHWAR, OMKARESHWAR, BAIDHNATHESWAR, BHIMASHANKAR, RAMANATH, NAGANATH, VISHWANATH, TRYAMBAK...
II The Devi Mantra II देवी मंत्र ...
Saturday, January 27, 2007
miracles of life - by Anna
Welcome to the spirituality blog
This blog is an offshoot of a website that I had conceived as a result of the spiritual grace and resultant inspiration during Shivaratri Y2K (http://www.jyotirlinga.com) on the joy of Shiva Bhakti and my quest for spiritual progress. Not finding the time (yep, bad excuse!), this blog suits me fine in quickly adding content... my spiritual forays and thoughts - helps log them too. My spiritual journey started with Hinduism and it's simple stories/ teachings as far back as when I was a 2nd grader, with Lord Shiva and has now found convergence with Advaitism / Duality. The Advaitism gurus like Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj; they have provided that spiritual boost of energy in many lagging moments and have tremendously influenced me ... little baby steps at a time... that will hopefully all lead upto a final crescendo. The merits of satsangh are many!
Your comments (encouragement/ otherwise) are certainly welcome.Thanks for visiting. If you like it, Subscribe to my blog (click here):Posts (Atom).
- ► 2011 (49)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (73)
- Kailash: The Mystic Land of Shiva
- Book recommendation
- Seven - The Spiritual Number 07-07-07
- miracles of life - by Anna
- 13th Jyotirlinga
- Why is cow sacred? Dimpel Patel
- Many religions - the paths same
- Hinduism 101
- Spirituality or bust?
- Power of Devotion
- Terrorism can be won by winning hearts
- Search for God - Start now
- Spiritualism has no bounds
- Detachment and then attachment
- Beatles discover spirituality
- Ramayana - Video
- Pashupatinath Video
- Kerala's Shiva-Parvati Temple draws millions of un...
- Sattvic Food - Food for fasting
- The burning lamp (of atman)
- A parallel universe - which world do you live in?
- Advaitism in terms of Quantum Physics
- JUST FOR TODAY - From Abby
- Ardh Kumbh Mela - Auspicious time
- Svyambunath Shiva
- Holy Rivers of the world
- All religions - the absolute same destination
- Deepak Chopra's CROSSING OVER
- Meditation silence
- Temples - Katas and the Paskar (Ajmer) are the eye...
- 108 Upanishads
- Hinduism fascination for the West
- Dakshinamurthi miracle
- Ramdev Guruji - pranayama 101 for the masses
- Significance of Shivaratri
- 108 names of Shani
- 2007 Hindu Festivals List (MahaShivaRatri on Feb 1...
- More Monday musing
- Monday musing - Driving Traffic
- Miracle of silence - Janet Attwood
- Ramana Maharishi Video (Vintage edition)
- Vishnu Idol Found in the Most Ancient City of Russ...
- Paradox of our time - author anonymous
- What is enlightenment? A demolition project
- Ardh Kumbh Mela
- Quiet meditation - a meditation for the body and s...
- How the dots connect - Part 2 (Steve Jobs commence...
- How the dots connect - Part 1
- A very Happy New Year
- ▼ January (49)